The recent article from hubspot listed the reasons why people follow brands in Facebook.
Here are the major takeaways for marketers:
1. Social Media Users are seeking offers
- 36.9% of Facebook users and 43.5% of Twitter users said they connect with brands using social media to stay in the loop on special offers.
- A whopping 70% said they had used social media to participate in a contest or sweepstakes.
2. Online Experiences Influence Buying Decisions
- 97% percent of respondents said that an online experience has, for better or for worse, in one way or another, influenced his/her decision of whether or not to buy a certain brand or service.
3. Social Media Users have Strong Motives
- People use Facebook and Twitter to learn more about a company or its products