The recent article from Viralblog listed the statistics about YouTube to understand why YouTube is a powerful tool for marketer
Here are the main facts for marketers:
- Exceeds 2 billion views day
- 24 hours of video uploaded every minute
- Average person spends 15 minutes a day on YouTube
- 70% of YouTube’s traffic comes from outside the U.S.
- Localized in 23 countries across 24 different languages
- 51, The number of languages into which Google’s automatic speech recognition technology can translate YouTube videos and create captions
- The combination of better search and discovery has driven daily minutes per user up 55% in 2009
- More Products/features released in 2009 than in all of 2007 and 2008 combined
- Hundreds of millions of videos are watched every month on mobile devices.