Millennials. They do first and ask later. They travel. They explore. They demand a change of pace in the workforce. They are “entitled”. They are strong. They are changing the world.
They’re not only changing the world, they’re changing the way companies view their marketing strategies. Long gone are the days of traditional cut and paste advertising -- make way for creative, out-of-the-box thinking when it comes to selling your product.
Millennials, the generation born between 1980 and 2000, are just coming into adulthood with a disposable income and cash to burn. They’re getting married and having kids later in life to truly find themselves and create a life worth living. This makes them responsible for the changes we're seeing in buying and selling tactics used by businesses.
How Effective is Video Marketing?
Hubspot’s State of Inbound report was just released and noted that video marketing is more important than ever. Video is the number one content type when it comes to lead generation and user-engagement. In an age where interaction has become desensitized and impersonal, video gives a business a face and voice.
- Including a video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rate
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online
- In Hubspot’s State of Inbound Report it states that 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers
With apps such as Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook Live, Periscope, and Vine - video is truly the new way to reach millennials. We want authentic, short, and informative videos before we purchase anything.
Benefits of Video Marketing
Youtube reaches more millennials than any single U.S. cable network. 76% of millennials follow brands on YouTube, and an astounding 84% do so on Facebook.
- Reaches more people in a quicker amount of time
- Simple to make - videos can be made on laptops, phones, tablets, etc.
- Websites and social media sites with videos have a higher reach and a higher conversion rate
- 6 in 10 millennials prefer to watch a company video than read a newsletter
It’s estimated that this generation will spend $200 billion in 2017 and $10 trillion throughout their lifetimes. If that fact alone doesn’t send you running to a camera to film your next marketing video, it should! So grab a tripod, showcase your product, and reach some millennials!