Marketers desire to add video content to their marketing mix to amplify their message, find new distribution channels and bring in new customers. This is the top use of marketing resources for 2107, according to a survey of marketeres (B2C and B2B) by Hubspot in 2016.
48% woud like to add Youtube while 39% desire to add Facebook Video to dsitribute their content. And with good reason. According to a Hubspot Behavior Survey, videos are consumed more thourgouhly than any other type of media including news articles, blogs, podcasts. 55% Of people consume video more thouroughly.
More impressive stats from Tubularinsights. Click here to read more: 29 Big Video Marketing Statistics for Media Brands http://tubularinsights.com/video-marketing-statistics-media-brands/#ixzz4JsuJeT6D
- We are watching 100 million hours of video on Facebook every day.
- In the US, YouTube reaches more 18-49 year-olds than ANY broadcast or cable TV network, and YouTube does that on mobile alone.
- In 2016, more video content will be uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. T.V. networks combined have created in 30 years.
- Comedy is the most popular form of online video content among all viewers at 39% followed by news (33%) and music (31%).
- In the US, advertisers on primetime broadcast TV could have reached 56% more people age 18-49 by also advertising on YouTube.
What does this mean for you?
We’ve seen a lot of data pointing to growth in video. Everyone is watching it, which means most entrepreneurs will need to step out of their comfort zone and consider creating video content. As millennials, who officially the biggest generational group in the United States, accumulate greater spending power over time, marketers will have to really tackle the video channel to best reach this new class of consumers. Those who test and perfect their video strategies now will have the best chance of success in the future.
So, which platform do you use?
Facebook encourages user to "go live" post videos and engage with each other using this new medium They've created a great getting started guide on first uses of video and use of Facebook Live. You can tap, "What's on Your Mind" at the top of the news feed then choose "Live Video" to send your followers a live message. You can select your audience and boom - live video!
With YouTube, the platform has been in existence for several years and is a go to search engine for anything from tutorials, to discovering and reviewing new products.
Which platform is best for my business?
The answer is both. It is not an either/or on Facebook or YouTube, it is both. According to Tubular Insights, Facebook is great for day one, immediate attenion generating, views, Likes and attention to your business. YouTube comes in for the long-term. Over time, YouTube will generate long term engagement.