Lately, I'm sure you've noticed there's been no shortage of buzz about the value in leveraging visual content for marketing -- particularly when it comes to social media marketing. And sure, most will agree that visual content is easier on the eyes. But does it work?
Looks like it.
According to a new infographic from global communications company M Booth and media measurement and analytics company Simply Measured, visual content is not only taking the online world by storm; it's also driving engagement! Here are some highlighted stats from the infographic that make the case:
- On Facebook, videos are shared 12X more than links and text posts combined.
- On Facebook, photos are liked 2X more than text updates.
- 42% of all Tumblr posts are photos.
- On YouTube, 100 million users are taking a social action on videos every week.
- Photo and video posts on Pinterest are referring more traffic than Twitter, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Google+.
The infographic also features a timeline about the recent growth of visual content on the web. Check it out below, and if this infographic isn't enough to convince you that you should start investing in visual content, Hubspot has 19 more data-driven reasons right here!