Fortune 500 corporations have traditionally spent huge dollars analyzing and tracking customer behavior in order to optimize their bottom line. Now you can do the same thing. Free of charge.
Google Analytics is a remarkable resource that can provide you with invaluable insights into your potential customer base, but you have to know what to do with that critical customer information once you get it. Google Analytics will tell you not only
- where visitors go when they reach your site,
- what they do on your site
- but, most importantly to the real estate business, where they came from.
This free tool will tell you who is visiting your site and
- generate an interactive map with continents, countries, provinces and cities shaded according to the number of visitors from each location,
- In other words identify your areas of opportunity.
In Canada, you can combine Google Analytics with demographics research resources available from Statscan and, through Government resources, even track average salaries and area home owner information in specific postal codes.
Google Analystics also allow you to
- pinpoint how incoming traffic arrived at your site , whether through direct, organic search, paid search or referral traffic.
- Further refine your customer data by measuring what your visitor does when he arrives: which pages are most popular and where your areas of best opportunity exist.
You can then revise your site to optimize performance by influencing, through page links and site construction strategies, actions that you want visitors to take Be active. Google Analytics are free and will ultimately make your site evolve faster, become more visitor friendly and increase your returns on your investment in digital marketing.